Friday 15 November 2013

Marrying my wife


 

Prior to meeting my wife I was just an easy going guy who went about his day with less care and planning.

I planned my weekends around mall prowling, church and watching sport on TV, more specifically soccer and cricket. Weekdays were planned around my job with little interaction with those who matter the most, family.

My less caring attitude extended into my finances and social life at some stage I didn’t even know how much I earned, I was just happy I could afford to pay for the things I needed.

Then one fateful Saturday while mall prowling I met a beautiful woman who after a year and a half I married. Six month of dating provided me with a preview of how life could be with Mantoa in my corner. I was gradually turning in to a man I wished I was, I started going to the gym to keep a healthy and fit body, got involved at church even made it into the youth leadership team, kept my finances intact, re-evaluated my friendships kept the ones I benefited from and the ones I contributed positively in, I also reconnected with family.

On the 29/04/2012 we walked down the aisle and became Mr and Mrs Rathelele, we braced ourselves for a good and long journey of life together. The task of being head of the family fell on my shoulders; I was now responsible for the direction of both our lives, the role required of me to be organized, consultative, have a vision, goals, execution strategies and monitoring methods in place.

Marrying my wife meant that I had to keep improving myself, my career for the benefit of both of us, it meant I had to learn to give tough love, receive it as well. It meant that I represented a collective at all time and could not afford to misrepresent them for personal gratification. It meant I opened myself to be corrected, advised and disciplined for the benefit of a collective.

Marrying my wife meant I was now part of her family and that I had added into our family, it meant I was now part of a new big family and that I had to be intentional with relationships to build this new family we are now part of. I have learned to be of influence even in unfamiliar territories.

Overall I have learned that we do not merely exist for ourselves that we exist for a much bigger purpose. I honestly believe that for the questions we have someone elsewhere has the answers, that life is relational and intentional.

We are now blessed with a son of our own and now i am benefiting from having good relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment